Research in View
Research in View is an institution-wide data management system developed by Thomson Reuters in conjunction with The Ohio State University's Office of Distance Education and eLearning. This system provides Ohio State University users with the ability to record and collect teaching, research, and service accomplishments. From this data, individual user reports such as a CV, Dossier Report, or Annual Review can be created. University administrators are able to create administrative and strategic group reports that provide an overview of scholarly activities across Ohio State.
Promotion and Tenure
The Promotion and Tenure Dossier Report will be created through Research in View. The Dossier Report produced from Research in View will follow the Office of Academic Affairs guidelines. The fact that the Dossier Report will be produced from this system does not change anything else in the Promotion and Tenure process.
Why Research in View?
Thomson Reuters’ vast resources and databases allow them to add revolutionary features to Research in View. For example, a Publication Recommendation Import System means that users will have to do less manual data entry. Advanced reporting options will let users create more usable and customizable reports.
Ohio State will be able to:
- better manage teaching, research, and service scholarly activities
- streamline reporting tasks such as promotion and tenure dossier reporting
- identify faculty experts for media requests and sponsored research opportunities
- support collaboration through public search and public profiles
- provide a one stop system for faculty and staff to manage and create any necessary scholarly activity materials
If you have any questions or comments, please contact email@example.com.
Select Research in View to be taken to the home page of the system.