OCIO Service Catalog
Buckeye Mail is Ohio State University's enhanced e-mail and online communication and collaboration service for students, resulting from a partnership with Microsoft. Buckeye Mail is accessible at: https://buckeyemail.osu.edu.
All students receive an Ohio State University e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Students are required to deliver their university-email to either Buckeye Mail or a non-OSU e-mail provider.
Buckeye Mail service includes:
- Significantly increased e-mail storage (10GB as compared to current 15 MB)
- 5GB of Office Workspace storage for shared project work
- Sky Drive storage space that allows access from any location with a web connection
- Calendar feature for personal, academic and student involvement use (record appointments, share calendars, schedule meetings)
- Recognition and credibility of the buckeyemail.osu.edu address - particularly valuable in conducting official university business or communicating with professors who may not recognize non-OSU addresses
- Ability to synchronize contacts and calendars with Windows Mobile and iPhone systems
- Anti-Spam and virus protection
There is currently no charge for use of this service.
Currently enrolled OSU students and admitted applicants
How To Order
Log into http://my.osu.edu/, under "Change E-mail Delivery", select to deliver your email@example.com to Buckeye Mail.
BuckeyeMail name changes can also be requested online. Click here to submit an online request. Your OSU username and password will be required to log in.
Note: Students must have an activated Ohio State Username (lastname.#) before obtaining access to Buckeye Mail.
Note: Admitted applicants that do not select an e-mail delivery preference, will have their firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail automatically forwarded to Buckeye Mail once officially enrolled as a student.
Have questions about Buckeye Mail, such as how to log in? Visit: BuckeyeMail FAQs.
Have an iPod Touch or iPhone and want to synch to your Buckeye Mail account? Visit: Configure iPhone/iPod Touch to Synch with Buckeye Mail