Article by Margherita Finelli
Originally published in a different format
The Student Information System (SIS) launched new online service centers at Buckeye Link. The SIS provides separate centers where faculty (Faculty Center) and staff (Student Services Center) can access links that are specific to student-related academic business. A separate center for students (Student Center) is also available. Read more about the key features of each center.
Course instructors can find the Faculty Center from the Faculty/Staff tab at Buckeye Link.
Also available at Buckeye Link is an Online Reference Guide to help faculty navigate through the Faculty Center, a SIS Glossary of Terminology and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) about the Faculty Center.
The Faculty Center provides convenient online access to:
- Relevant student and class details.
- Class rosters (view and print).
- The grade roster instructors will use to verify and post final grades. Beginning summer 2009, the SIS will be the system of record for all grades.
- An easy way for instructors to e-mail students on a roster.
- The Schedule of Classes (Master Schedule).
- Information about instructors’ advisees.
For more information about the Faculty Center, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)–Faculty Center.
Student Services Center (for staff who serve students)
Staff who serve students can find the Student Services Center from the Faculty/Staff tab at Buckeye Link. The Student Services Center provides convenient online access to:
- A view similar to what students see in the Student Center.
- Students’ class schedules.
- Financial transactions and account summary information.
- Biographical and demographical data, including contact information.
Students can find the Student Center from the Student tab at Buckeye Link.
Also available at Buckeye Link is an Online Reference Guide to help students navigate through the Student Center, a video tour of the Student Center and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) about the Student Center.
The Student Center provides integrated access to self-service where students can:
- Register for classes.
- View your schedule, enrollment appointment (registration window), and advisor information.
- View your account, enroll in the Tuition Option Payment Plan (TOPP), or pay online by check.
- View any “holds” you may have.
- View your financial aid status and awards.
- See a “To-Do” list of documents or information needed for Admissions or Financial Aid.
- Change your contact information.
- Select or waive student health insurance.