When the Office of the CIO initially released the IT Service Management tool in December 2009, it was available to users (mostly incident analysts) via the following address, osuitsm.service-now.com, and linked from the IT Service Desk's primary 8HELP Web page.
As of October 2010, in pursuit of continual improvement, an additional outward facing interface has been released with a more intuitive look and feel and greater accessibility at https://cio.osu.edu/selfservice.
Benefits and features of the new interface include:
- More streamlined view to help quickly initiate a request for assistance with OCIO services
- Ability to view live-time status of individual requests and inquiries
- Pre-populated pull-down lists of items for better triaging of inquiries
- Ability to manage notification preferences and how the Service Desk interacts with you
- Links to interact with the Service Desk either by Web chat or call-back request
- Links to current Account Management tools
- Links to OCIO Systems Status page
Customers throughout the campus community are being directed to use the new URL either from the 8HELP Web page or through direct notification e-mail messages from the IT Service Desk (for assigned or resolved requests).
This message was originally sent to our OSU Technical Community mailing lists with additional awareness about https://cio.osu.edu/selfservice continuing throughout Fall and Winter 2010.