The offices of Business and Finance and Chief Information Officer have partnered to simplify and streamline university procurement processes by bringing eRequest to Ohio State. A pilot group began using the system in January 2010 with a continual rollout throughout that year. Campus-wide Implementation will be complete in March 2011.
University purchase requests have been initiated across campus through multiple methods and varied processes that include paper forms, e-mail and separate departmental systems.
The eRequest provides faculty and staff a simple electronic request page with workflow that routes the requests to the appropriate approver.
eRequest supports many key university initiatives such as:
- "Going Green" initiatives through the discontinuation of the paper 100W form for internal purchasing on campus
- "One University" thinking by eliminating the need for units to maintain separate systems for purchase requests
- Strategic purchasing initiatives that rely on contract spending by integrating our key contracts to the request process
- Creation of consolidated service centers within larger units by providing an approval and routing mechanism
- Reduction in training requirements on departmental users
- Better decision-making by improving the quality of Procurement data
The rollout of eRequest continues for colleges and VP units in consultation with Business and Finance through March 2011.
Contact your Senior Fiscal Officer for more information about eRequest within your department or unit.