With the release of eTimesheet and eLeave, university timekeeping processes will be simplified and streamlined. These web-based applications, developed in partnership by the offices of Business and Finance and Chief Information Officer, began rolling out across campus in June after several successful pilots within the colleges of Arts and Sciences and Engineering, as well as with Enrollment Services and Undergraduate Education.
Dean Joseph E. Steinmetz from the College of Arts and Sciences had the following praise to share, "Arts and Sciences is pleased to be an early adopter of the eTimesheet and eLeave systems. During the recent restructuring of the college, we focused on opportunities to streamline our systems. Having both of these electronic tools has cut paperwork, processing time and greatly improved operational efficiency. We are pleased with results to date."
The features of eTimesheet and eLeave include:
- A Web-based, self-service application for biweekly time entry and leave requests for all employees
- Approval workflow with automatic e-mail reminders; approved time interfaces into PeopleSoft as approved
- Programming rules that validate overtime/comp time, vacation eligibility, holiday benefit pay, and holiday time worked
- Prior period adjustment function for prior pay periods (up to six months)
The following benefits have been realized from eTimesheet and eLeave:
- Supports "Going Green" initiatives through the discontinuation of the paper tracking forms
- Eliminates the need to perform bi-weekly payroll certification or manual entry
- Improves accuracy of data through tracked electronic approvals of time and leave information
Campus-wide implementations will continue for colleges and VP units through December 31, 2011.
Other early pilot users of these systems shared additional comments about their experiences with eTimesheet and eLeave:
From Chitra Iyer from the College of Arts and Sciences, "I personally love the tool. Whether you are a supervisor or an employee, you can access and approve the electronic timesheet and leave form from your desk, a remote location, or even your mobile device. All our biweekly staff members use the electronic tool and it has provided us with great efficiencies, especially in conjunction with our service center. As we move forward to rolling it out to our monthly folks, I would say that eTimesheet and eLeave are great conveniences whose time has come!"
According to Emily Machuga from the College of Engineering, "The new eTimesheet and eLeave system is amazing! It has helped to streamline our timekeeping process and has allowed me to pay more attention to other aspects of my job. Our faculty have been incredibly receptive to the new process because it means no more paper timesheets to sign and manage!"
Interested departments and units may contact Holly Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org or Stacie Dutton at email@example.com from the Office of Business and Finance to request a roll-on date and to discuss eTimesheet and eLeave training needs.