Software: SAS Renewal for Windows, Linux, and Sun
Description: SAS for Teaching and Research use and Administraive use is now available for renewal.
Customers who have renewed their copies of SAS since September 1, 2011, are considered paid through September 30, 2012.
New renewal codes are expected near the end of October or in very early November. As is usual, SAS will retain its full functionality while it runs in a grace period from Sept. 30 through Dec. 31, 2011, though it will provide warnings that the software is expired during that time. Customers who have renewed since September 1, 2011, will receive the codes as soon as they become available, and another announcement will be sent when the codes are ready for distribution.
You may renew your SAS license by submitting an eRequest for the software to “Site Licensing – OCIO”
OCIO expects two new developments early this year: SAS 9.3 will become available, and the software will be expanded to include student use. Announcements will be provided for each when they are available.
SAS Genetics is no longer an option on the OCIO license.
Cost: The renewal cost varies depending on the type of SAS being renewed:
- SAS Windows Workstation for Teaching and Research: $33
- SAS Windows Workstation for Administrative Use: $33
- SAS Windows Server for Teaching and Research: $350
- SAS Windows Server for Administrative Use: $350
- SAS Linux Server for Teaching and Research: $350
- SAS Sun Server for Teaching and Research: $350
- SAS Enterprise Miner for Administrative Use: $525
Please note that you must purchase SAS Admin for Workstation in order to run SAS Enterprise Miner.