Note: As of Nov 22, 2012, this campaign has ended and entries are no longer being accepted. Thank you to those who participated.
To kick off Welcome Week, the Office of the Chief Information Officer is initiating a friendly game of photo tag. While you’re exploring campus, heading to class or hanging out with new friends on the Oval, snap a picture of how you’re using Information Technology. For helping us expand our tech photo library, you’ll be entered into our drawing for a free iPad.
Submit photos via Twitter to enter the contest. To join in, follow the OCIO @TechOhioState. Using the hashtag #YoureIT, tweet your photo and be sure to mention us. We’ll choose the winner at the end of the semester.
When it comes to expert advice for a wide range of I.T. devices here on campus, we’re IT. So get creative and capture a variety of technology using a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, smart phone, or cable TV. We can’t wait to see how you use technology to learn, create and socialize. Submit your best photo and you might end up in our future promotional materials!
Let’s have some fun. Tag, you’re IT!
#YoureIT Photo Tag Rules
- Following @TechOhioState and posting a qualifying tweet enters your twitter handle (@name) into the drawing.
A qualifying tweet contains:
- A photo of a technology device in use on Ohio State property or for an academic purpose.
- Devices include phones, laptops, tablets, desktop computers, mp3 players, and any other web-enabled device.
- The @TechOhioState Twitter handle
- The #YoureIT hashtag
- Accepted through November 21, 2012. Winner will be announced by November 30, 2012.
- Anyone may participate, but only currently (fall semester) enrolled students at Ohio State are eligible to win the iPad drawing.
- Employees of the Office of the CIO are ineligible.
- Photos might be used on websites and in university materials to highlight technology use by OSU students.
- By submitting a photo, you are giving us the right to contact you.
- We will send you a consent form for permission to reuse your photo in University print and digital publications via Direct Message (DM) if we wish to reuse your photo outside of Twitter.
- If you take a group photo, multiple people may tweet it for their own chance to win.
- It is your responsibility to obtain permission of each individual in the photo before sharing it online.
- Feel free to submit more than one photo, but only one entry will be given to each student to ensure equal chances of winning for all participants.
- Submissions from group Twitter accounts like departments or student orgs are welcome to participate, but cannot be eligible to win as we are unable to identify an individual winner.
- Sharing Content that we determine in our sole discretion is offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property will disqualify you from the contest and could warrant further action from the University.
If you win:
- We will contact you via Twitter direct message requesting your name.# to verify your enrollment. We will not share your personal information with anyone. Upon receiving the prize, the winner must show a photo ID.
- If you submit a photo and change your Twitter handle, the OCIO is not responsible for finding the new one to contact you. If you do change your handle after entering the contest, you can remain eligible by direct messaging @TechOhioState so we can contact you if your former twitter handle is drawn as the winner.
- The iPad prize will be taxable to the recipient. For this reason, additional identification will be required if the winner is a nonresident alien.
Further questions can be directed to Lucy Ramos at email@example.com.
Check out our entries so far, at flickr.com/photos/osuocio