You are cordially invited to attend our fourth annual Cyber Security Day event at the Ohio Union on Thursday, October 15, 2015. Again this year, the event begins with the keynote, the "Security Year in Review," presented by Helen Patton, Chief Information Security Officer of The Ohio State University.
New this year, we are providing opportunities for peer networking and partnership formation, and allowing for more audience interaction, by offering guided discussions we are calling “Birds of a Feather” sessions (BOFs).
Unlike the all-day security training, you don’t have to attend the whole day for these hour-long BOFs. You may attend one session or several—whatever fits your availability and interest. Here’s the line-up:
- Data Security and Other Areas of Potential Liability: The Emerging Cyber Legal Framework
- OSU’s Hybrid Covered Entity: How do I fit in?
- HIPAA Privacy: Basics for the Hybrid Covered Entity
- Planning a Credentialed Scanning Service for Ohio State
- Combating Cybercrime in the Healthcare Industry
- Piercing the Cloud: Third Party Vendor Assessments
- Managing HIPAA Compliance
- Multi-Factor Authentication at Ohio State (The Past, Present & Future)
- Research: Processes and Strategies
- Phishing: Don’t Get Hooked!
- Security Awareness Training Videos: End Users and Application Developers
For a complete listing including session descriptions, speakers and times, please visit https://go.osu.edu/cybersecurityday-bofs.
To register to attend one or more of the BOFs, and/or to register for the Keynote, please visit https://go.osu.edu/cybersecurityday2015-bofs. (See Note below.)
These sessions are open to all employees from The Ohio State University and the Wexner Medical Center. There is no cost to attend. Seating is limited, so register soon. The registration period will be open through the close of business on Tuesday, October 13.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
**Please note: Ohio State and Wexner Medical Center employees who are registering for the in-depth, all-day Windows Infrastructure or Application Developer security training are not able to participate in these sessions as they occur during the all-day training timeframe.**