Important Points from Discussion
- We received an overview of Peertelligent from our representative, Lauren Piper.
Project Management job families
- Helen Patton has been working on updating the IT Project Management job families to be consistent and fair between OCIO and the Wexner Medical Center.
- The roles are: project coordinator, project analyst, IT project manager, senior IT project manager, director of IT program management, and director of IT portfolio management office
- After reviewing with the Med Center, this work still needs to be taken to HR and Compensation.
- Infrastructure has been doing some billing cleanup – please review your December bills for accuracy.
- The Cyber Security Tabletop Exercise is Monday, Jan. 25 in the Ohio Union.
- There will be a Security Internship Info Session on Tuesday, Jan. 26.
- ImproveIT, the initiative focused on gathering on sharing ideas, is rolling out this month.
- There is a Service Management Process Engagement Checklist now available to project managers and project leads. The purpose of this checklist is to ensure the appropriate service management processes are engaged at the appropriate phases of approved projects or initiatives that will create net new services or improve existing ones. The checklist is available on the OCIO Project Management Website: https://ocio.osu.edu/projects/project-management. An agile-friendly version of the checklist is being defined and will be made available in the near future.
- Contract reviews for purchase orders and eRequests must go through Purchasing first, and they will engage Legal Affairs as necessary.
- The risk assessment for Amazon Web Services is underway and will hopefully be taken to the Security Advisory Board in February.
Next Week’s Agenda
Notes: Glenna Zofcin
***We will be meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 20 due to the holiday on Monday, Jan. 18.
- Top risks and risk mitigation plan for 2016 – Jason Miller (30 min)
- FY16 budget planning (30 min)
- Operational updates: ONLY two minutes per person; share top 2 or 3 things happening
- Corbin, Bob
- Dagefoerde, Diane
- Fischer, Steve
- Kieffer, Dave
- Palko, Laura
- Patton, Helen
- Phillips, Bill
- Richardson, Tracey
- Watkins, Marsha
- Varcho, Beth
- Zofcin, Glenna
Questions about the OCIO Leadership Meetings can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.