Visit https://ocio.osu.edu/blog/recruiting/ to see a list of active job postings for the Office of the CIO. We encourage you to apply or to refer a colleague. The latest openings include:
- Help Desk Technician (424946) - Responds to and diagnosis problems through discussions with users; performs analysis and assists in a variety of service desk activities including, but not limited to, providing support for customers and end users of OCIO services; guiding end users through troubleshooting procedures; processing and escalating service requests; providing technical assistance in the setup, installation, and configuration of desktop software and hardware; service Desk analysts answer customer calls, respond to emails, escalate records to Tier 2 analysts and/or service owners, may perform onsite support, and provide follow up to customers as needed; may be asked to maintain knowledge base articles and provide assistance during major incidents; responsible for determining the needs of faculty, staff and students and the proper support of those needs; take ownership of all interactions, utilize appropriate follow-through, providing timely feedback; use the Incident management and Request Fulfillment processes along with the Knowledge Management tool as designed; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Help Desk Technician-Sr (425033) - The Help Desk is designed to be the single point of contact for customers requesting services and/or support from the university. Responsible for receiving, resolving, escalating, and monitoring complex customer issues/requests; leading less experienced staff in the provision of immediate assistance and issue resolution; critical tasks performed by this area also include communicating, tracking and reporting computing environment outages; acts as a team leader for complex projects, assignments and issues associated with the help desk function; may serve as desktop support for onsite technical assistance; may serve as on-call escalation point.
- UC Administrator-Skype (424730) - This person will be responsible for supporting the daily operational activities (incident response, account management, tier-2 support escalation, etc.) related to a multi-campus Skype for Business system and related client components (Soft client, audio/video devices, IP phones); support duties to include help in assisting the operations team with troubleshooting service related incidents as needed, using high touch interaction with customers for support and troubleshooting of service related incidents and support tickets; determine when appropriate to escalate to tier-3 support/UC Engineers; periodic on-call duties and after hours support for incidents and scheduled changes; monitoring systems and responding to call quality issues as appropriate. Additional duties will include the testing, configuration, validation and documentation of new devices and solutions related delivery of the Skype for business services. Candidate will be expected to participate in and follow established processes and university security standards. Candidate will need to be able to work independently and will participate in projects and initiatives as needed.
- Voice/Video/Data Technician 1 (424933) - Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of voice, video, data and fiber optic services offered to the university by the OCIO. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, installing structured data cabling systems, fiber optic installation/maintenance, coaxial distribution and drops, distribution frame design and build, installing Ethernet switches, wireless access points and related hardware; install equipment for customers(internal/external) that include, but not limited to, single and multi-line telephone sets (TDM and IP), IPTV, CATV set top boxes and data network switches; perform tasks as assigned to support the daily workload as related to Moves/Adds/Changes (MAC), repairs and other projects; contribute to an environment that is focused on teamwork to ensure customers (internal/external) are receiving highly effective voice, video and data systems that meet designated departmental goals, business needs and are delivered in the most efficient and economical manner; participate as part of an on-call team responsible to support above mentioned services. Subject to call out nights, weekends and holidays. May be exposed to inclement weather.
Applying for Open Positions:
- To read more details about or to apply for any OCIO or other Ohio State positions, follow these steps:
- Open Ohio State's Applicant Portal site, located at https://www.jobsatosu.com.
- Choose the Search Jobs option on the left side of the screen.
- Search on Keywords using the job opening number that is listed next to the position of interest.