The IT Service Desk is available at the BuckeyeBar during business hours and by phone at 614-688-4357 (HELP) around the clock to help you solve technology problems. When it’s time to purchase new parking passes, we generally get numerous requests for password resets. We are here to help if you need it, but often users can fix problems more quickly on their own if they have the correct information or visit our self-service site. Below are solutions to some of the most common problems.
Forgotten Passwords and User Names
- Forgotten username: If you forget your username, find it by clicking "Forgot Username?" on the login page. You will need to supply certain information about yourself so you can be located in the Identity Vault. See "Forgotten Ohio State Username or Password" for more information on how to locate your username
- Forgotten password: If you forget the password that goes with your Ohio State Username, you can reset it by clicking "Forgot password?" on the login page. You have two options:
- You can reset your password by receiving a SMS text message on your phone (SMS is “Short Message Service”). If you already receive Buckeye Alert text messages, then you’re set up to use this option. Follow these simple steps to use SMS password reset.
- Your second option is to respond to the Security Questions you established when you first opened your account. Giving the correct responses allows you to access the password reset feature. See "Forgotten Ohio State Username or Password" for more information on how to reset your password.
- Password change: Your password must be changed roughly twice a year, at least once every 180 days. You can change it by logging in and clicking "Change My Password" in the left navigation bar. See my.osu.edu: Ohio State Username Password for more information on how to change your password.
Your Ohio State username and password is synched to the following resources:
- BuckeyeLink (students)
- Buckeye Mail (students)
- OSU Wireless
- Carmen (online learning)
- Transportation and Parking (parking permit registration)
- And many more
If you have read this article and are still experiencing difficulties, please contact the IT Service Desk online or by phone at 614-688-4357 (HELP).