Quick Reference User's Guide for Interaction Client (IC)® BASIC
- Answering a call
- Conferencing calls
- Disconnecting a call
- Logging into IC
- Logging out of IC
- Getting Started
- Forwarding calls
- IC Help
- Making a call
- Managing calls
- Parking a call
- Placing a call on hold
- Recording a call
- Recording personal greetings (prompts)
- Requesting supervisor assistance
- Setting your status
- Supervisor call management features:
- Transferring a call
- Using the toolbar
The instructions provided in this document assume that you selected the Persistent Connection option during the log in process. If you selected the Non-persistent Connection option, the system will call you at the Phone Number you entered during the log in process before any inbound or outbound calls are completed.
- Locate the Interaction Client icon (a yellow phone) on your desktop and double click the icon.
- When the Login screen appears, set your login values to:
Connection Type: Select last option
User Id: Your assigned user ID
Password: Your user ID password
Server: Automatically populated
Station: Automatically populated
Phone Number: Campus extension
Persistent Connection: Optional
- Click OK.
- On the Interactions page, click the arrow at the end of the My Status box,
- Choose a Status from the menu and, if applicable, click the OK button.
- Set your Status to "Gone Home".
- Click File, then Exit.
NOTE: Clicking the "X " in the upper right corner does not shut down the Interaction Client. Clicking the "X " minimizes the Client.
If you have a question about a specific function in the Interaction Client Window, click the Question Mark button in the upper-right corner; your cursor will change to an arrow with a question mark. Next, click on the item or function in the Interaction Client Window for which you want more information. You can also access Interaction Client Help by clicking the Help tab at the top of the Interaction Client Window and then choosing Help Contents, Help Index, or Help Search. For help on a specific field, click the field for which you want more information and then press F1 on your keyboard.
Using Interaction Client Options
- Click the Options menu and choose Configuration.
- Open the Calls node and click Personal Prompts.
- In the right panel, click the Record Agent Greeting button and then follow the system prompts.
- After recording, click the Apply button, then click OK.
- Click the Options menu and choose Configuration.
- Open the Calls node.
- In the Number for Forwarding Status field, type your remote phone number and then click OK.
- Set your status to Available Forward.
Use the buttons on the Interaction Client Toolbar to help you manage your calls. Many of these functions are also available by right-clicking on an active call.
- In the Number field, type the phone number you want to call.
- Click the Make Call button,
OR press Enter on your keyboard.
NOTE: The 9- and the 1- dialing prefixes are NOT required when "Making" Client calls.
- Click on the call you want to answer and then click the Pickup button.
- To answer a second call while connected to the first call, click on the second call and then the Pickup button. The first call is placed on hold.
- Click on the call you want to place on hold and then click the Hold button,
OR right-click the call and then click Hold.
- To reconnect to the call, click Hold again.
When connected to a call:
- Click the Record button. A red dot will appear by the call to indicate recording is in progress.
- Click Record again to stop recording.
NOTE: Recordings are accessible to your call center supervisor (with appropriate rights) and system administration personnel.
- Click the call you want to disconnect, then click the Disconnect button,
OR right-click the call and then click the Disconnect button.
Transferring and Parking Calls:
- In the My Interactions list, click on the call you want to transfer.
- Click the Transfer button to access the Transfer Dialog box.
- In the Recipient field, enter the campus or external phone number you want to transfer the call to,
OR if you are transferring a call to another CIC user, select his or her name from the list box.
- Select one of the following options (unannounced or announced) to complete transferring the call:
Unannounced (Blind) Transfer Option -
"¢ Click the Transfer Now button to connect the caller and the recipient.
Announced (Assisted) Transfer Option -
"¢ Click the Make Consult Call button to alert the recipient you are transferring a
"¢ Click the Speak to Caller button to alert the caller you are transferring him or
"¢ Click the Transfer Now button to complete the transfer.
NOTE: The "Send To Voice Mail" option is not applicable.
NOTE: The 9- and the 1- dialing prefixes are NOT required when "Transferring"
- Inform the caller you are transferring him or her into the queue of another agent's extension.
- Click the Transfer button,
OR right-click the call and then click Transfer.
- In the Recipient field, select the CIC user to whom you want to transfer the call.
- Click the Park button to park the call.
Initiate a conference call
- Dial the first participant's telephone number.
- When connected to the first participant, click the Conference button.
- From the My Interactions list, click and drag the first participant into the top pane of the Conference window.
- In the Number field on the Interactions page, dial the number of the next participant,
OR double-click on an entry in a Directory list.
- From the My Interactions list, click and drag the next participant into the top pane of the Conference window.
- Repeat steps until you have added all participants. Up to five participants can be conferenced at one time.
Disconnect participants from a conference call
- From the list of calls in the Conference window, choose the participant you want to disconnect.
- Click the Disconnect button,
OR right-click the selected call and choose Disconnect Call.
NOTE: If you accidentally close the Conference window, right-click on the call labeled "Conference Call" in the "My Interactions" list, then choose "Open Object Window."
These additional call management features (Monitor, Join, and Coach) are enabled for supervisors and are only active for workgroup interactions.
- On the Queues page, click on the call you want to monitor and then click the Listen button,
OR right-click the Queue call and choose Listen.
- Click the Listen button again to exit the call.
- On the Queues page, click the call you want to join and then click Join button,
OR right-click the Queue call and choose Join.
- Click the Join button again to exit the call.
- On the Queues page, click the call you want to monitor and then click Coach button,
OR right-click the Queue call and choose Coach.
- Click the Coach button again to exit the call.
When connected to a Queue call:
- Click the Assistance button.
- When the dialog box appears, enter a brief explanation for the assistance request.