Students' Laptops Enjoyed a Smooth Transition to Semesters

The IT Service Desk is one of the primary ways that we serve you, your faculty, and students. We know how much the university community relies on us to provide fast, friendly, and accurate answers to technology questions. With the excitement of the new term, the first under a Semester calendar, the OCIO IT Service Desk has been working hard to exceed your expectations, and our recent satisfaction number show that we’re on the right track. We’ve made some enhancements to self service tools to improve service, including:

• June: We improved the Self Help page to allow you to order items, select services, report issues, and view the OCIO knowledge base of tech tips.
  • August: We redesigned the Site Licensed Software section of self service, to make it easier for you to browse titles, build orders, use a virtual shopping cart for checkout, and track your orders.
  • Autumn Semester: We added check-in kiosks to the walk-in BuckeyeBar location. With faster check-in and reduced wait times, our customers can easily mingle at the library and wait for their turn without having to stand in line.

These changes have produced great customer satisfaction results. We’re proud to share that in the first month of the term we saw a 3% increase – for a remarkable satisfaction rate of 94% – compared to 91% in the first month of the fall 2011 term.

Some of our recent customer comments echo our survey results:

“I liked how quick and easy it was to download a new license for software."

"I couldn't believe the representative fixed my password issue while I was still on the phone. Excellent!"

"The Buckeye Bar was awesome! They staff was nice, helpful, and even fun…."

"All I did was request a download but a link to the software was immediately sent to me e-mail along with the license. I'm very satisfied."

To learn more about OCIO Help and Support options, access https://ocio.osu.edu/help.

For more information on the IT Service Desk, contact Bob Gribben (OCIO Customer Experience) at 614-292-4703 or gribben.1@osu.edu.