To kick-start our new Instagram page, the Office of the CIO wants to see your photos and videos. Specifically, we want to know where you want wireless on campus. Our networking team is constantly upgrading and expanding the Wi-Fi network, and we want to hear from you to help us decide which areas to prioritize.
Having trouble streaming music in the Oval? Take a picture! Can’t get connected to your email in a classroom building? Show us where! Providing us with your feedback through Instagram helps to improve the wireless network and it gives you the chance to win a $50 gift card to Tech Hub! Tech Hub is the official technology store at Ohio State, featuring academic discounts on laptops, tablets and accessories.
For one chance to win a $50 gift card to Tech Hub, just follow these steps:
- Follow @techohiostate on Instagram
- Post a photo or video showing us where you are having trouble accessing wireless Internet, and be sure to name the place in your caption
- Tag @techohiostate and use the hashtag #osuwireless
All entries must be submitted through Instagram on or before September 30, 2015. We look forward to your feedback!
Throughout the year, we’ll be posting photos of our events, employees, services and more. Follow us and stay tuned to see what it takes to provide all the technology offerings we support.
Instagram #osuwireless Photo and Video Contest Rules
Following @techohiostate and posting a qualifying photo or video enters your Instagram profile into the drawing for a $50 Tech Hub gift card.
A qualifying post for one entry involves:
- Sharing a photo or video that shows where you are having trouble with wireless
- Tagging @techohiostate in the photo or video
- Using the #osuwireless hashtag and naming the location in the photo or video caption
- Entries will be accepted through September 30, 2015. The winner will be announced on Instagram and a direct photo message will be sent to the winner by October 9, 2015.
- Entries can be public or shared only with the @techohiostate account. However, all submissions will be compiled at the end of the contest and shared via the @techohiostate account.
- Anyone may participate, but only currently (autumn semester) enrolled students at Ohio State are eligible to win the $50 Tech Hub gift card drawing.
- Employees of the Office of the CIO are ineligible.
- By submitting a photo or video, you are giving us the right to contact you.
- Photos and videos might be used on websites and in university materials to highlight technology use by Ohio State students, faculty and staff.
- We will send you a consent form for permission to reuse your photo or video in university print and digital publications via Instagram if we wish to reuse your submission outside of social media. If you list an email in your profile, we will contact you that way. Otherwise, we will send you a private message so you can respond with the best way to get in touch.
- It is your responsibility to obtain permission of each individual in the photo before sharing it online.
- Feel free to submit more than one photo or video, but no more than one entry will be given to each Instagram account of a student to ensure equal chances of winning for all participants.
- Submissions from group accounts like departments or student organizations are welcome to participate, but cannot be eligible to win as we are unable to identify an individual winner.
- Sharing content that we determine in our sole discretion is offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property will disqualify you from the contest and could warrant further action from the university.
- Overall, have fun and keep it clean! Constructive criticism is welcome; profanities are not.
If you win:
- We will contact you via Instagram (by means of a direct photo message) requesting your name.# to verify your enrollment. We will not share your personal information with anyone. Upon receiving the prize, the winner must show a photo ID.
- If you submit a photo or video and change your Instagram profile name, the OCIO is not responsible for finding the new one to contact you. If you do change your information after entering the contest, you can remain eligible by sending an email to Communications Strategist Randi Honkonen (email@example.com) so we can contact you if your former account is drawn as the winner.
Further questions can be directed to Randi Honkonen at firstname.lastname@example.org.