July Employee Spotlight: Brian Roesser

This month we’re celebrating spotlight employee Brian Roesser. Brian works in ODEE, keeping classrooms and Digital Unions up to date. This former police car cleaner is a racing enthusiast, but he’s willing to pump the brakes to spend time with his family. If you don’t see Brian in Enarson, you might want to check alongside a lake or a racetrack. Learn more about Brian with this month’s employee spotlight.

Q: What is your role at the university? I lead the design and engineering efforts of classroom A/V systems.

Q: How long have you worked at Ohio State? 14 years

Q: What are you currently working on? On top of our routine classroom updates, I am working on the Campbell Hall Innovation Center, as well as upgrades and enhancements to the Denny Hall Digital Union Video Studio.

Q: What was your very first job? My first job was with the City of Moraine’s Summer Youth Corp Program. It was a summer job at the Municipal Building which was also home to the city’s police department. I spent the majority of my time detailing the fleet of police cruisers.

Q: Where did you go to college? Ohio State

Q: Where are you from originally? Dayton, OH

Q: What is your favorite place to visit? Any place with either a large body of water or a race track.

Q: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Monaco, to experience the Formula 1 – Monaco Grand Prix in person.

Q: Can you tell us about your family? My wife, Emily, and I have been married for almost six years. We have two boys, Sebastian who is 3 and Alaric who is just 5 months old.

Q: Do you have any hobbies? I enjoy working with cars in my free time, though not so much recently with the additions to our family. I have been very involved in the running of an endurance road racing effort, which includes everything from building the car and maintenance to racecar driving. Races are anywhere from 10 to 24 hours long and have been at a number of road courses from Wisconsin to Florida.

Q: Favorite place to eat in Columbus? Yes. J I like pretty much everything when it comes to food. So, as long as there is a good selection of beverages, I’m a happy camper.

Q: It’s 9 p.m. on a Saturday. What are you doing? With any luck, finishing Sebastian’s bedtime story.