July Employee Spotlight: Brian Roesser

This month we’re celebrating spotlight employee Brian Roesser. Brian works in ODEE, keeping classrooms and Digital Unions up to date. This former police car cleaner is a racing enthusiast, but he’s willing to pump the brakes to spend time with his family. If you don’t see Brian in Enarson, you might want to check alongside a lake or a racetrack. Learn more about Brian with this month’s employee spotlight.

Q: What is your role at the university? I lead the design and engineering efforts of classroom A/V systems.

Q: How long have you worked at Ohio State? 14 years

Q: What are you currently working on? On top of our routine classroom updates, I am working on the Campbell Hall Innovation Center, as well as upgrades and enhancements to the Denny Hall Digital Union Video Studio.

Q: What was your very first job? My first job was with the City of Moraine’s Summer Youth Corp Program. It was a summer job at the Municipal Building which was also home to the city’s police department. I spent the majority of my time detailing the fleet of police cruisers.

Q: Where did you go to college? Ohio State

Q: Where are you from originally? Dayton, OH

Q: What is your favorite place to visit? Any place with either a large body of water or a race track.

Q: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Monaco, to experience the Formul