It’s no secret that Ohio State produces legendary teams. What you may not know is that some of our strongest teams work together off the field, building IT systems and supporting the critical infrastructure to run one of the largest universities in the country. Our team is growing, and you can be part of it!
In the Office of the CIO, we work together every day to connect The Ohio State University to the world, making our students, faculty and staff part of the conversation to influence the direction of global thought and leadership.
Current Job Openings
Job postings for the Office of the CIO are listed below. Jobs are categorized by line of business or the supporting area to which they report. Instructions to view job details for open positions follow. Note: Due to the refresh cycle for job postings, this listing may not be exhaustive and some postings may expire between page updates.
- Associate Director, Infrastructure Security (423600) – Directs the strategy and operations of the OCIO Infrastructure security management, data center networking, risk management, business continuity, disaster recovery, and compliance; will oversee and lead staff in terms of setting performance objectives, direction and goals; will design, define, and plan a vision, roadmap and strategy for secure infrastructure systems that are both process-driven and technically aligned with the business requirements of the university; initiates key service improvements and security initiatives to ensure scalable, efficient, effective and secure operations; reviews and validates that the Office of the CIO IT systems and services are secure and compliant with applicable regulations, group policies, codes, industry best practices, and the Security Framework/Strategy; ensures the implementation of necessary information security controls, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines, in conjunction with OCIO Security, Internal Audit, University Compliance, and Risk Management; and works closely with the Office of CISO to design, implement and support network security and remote access solutions for all OCIO customers.
- Network Security Associate (423603) – Under immediate supervision, the Network Security Associate will be responsible for designing, configuring, deploying, maintaining, and auditing of Cisco ASA and Juniper firewalls and rules within the Office of the CIO and its managed IT customers; complete any necessary security reports and audit responses; ensure that the OCIO and its customers are in compliance with university security policies and standards and participate in security working groups for the development of policies, guidelines, best practices, and strategies; and consulting with IT Security team, project teams, service owners, and key stakeholders in the researching, designing, and implementing of firewall changes.
- Security Engineer – Lead (423599) – In this role you will support the operation and service delivery of enterprise-wide web authentication and authorization systems and the integration of externally owned and hosted applications via federated authentication; responsible for the design, development, implementation, and daily operation of authentication and authorization services for university applications, including web based single sign-on, mobile authentication, integration with multi-factor authentication, and federated access to externally owned and hosted applications; assist with the integration of authentication and authorization services into locally-developed applications, packaged applications, and externally hosted applications and vendor-operated services; tasked with technical service design, development, operation, on-call support, ITIL service delivery responsibilities, and customer and vendor consultation; analysis, design and implementation of products related to Internet2’s TIER initiative and Ohio State’s potential adoption of those solutions; and understand the university’s I&AM environment and the ability to translate those needs into services and products which complement and enhance the university’s strategic direction.
Applying for Open Positions
To read more details about or to apply for any OCIO or other Ohio State positions, follow these steps:
- Open Ohio State’s Applicant Portal site, located at https://www.jobsatosu.com/.
- Choose the Search Jobs option on the left side of the screen.
- Search on Keywords using the job opening number that is listed next to the position of interest.
As Ohio’s largest university, Ohio State works every day with the earliest adopters of technology and is constantly evolving to meet their changing needs. In this environment only the sharpest IT professionals survive, and even they are learning something new every step of the way. Below is a sampling of projects and current areas of focus.
University Administrative Systems and Oracle/PeopleSoft
Culture & Benefits
Flexibility. Empowerment. Satisfaction. Can you use these words to describe your current job? Would you like to?
These are a few of the characteristics that rise to the top when our team members talk about their work. Over the past 5 years, our employee satisfaction numbers have continually improved and our workplace is better than ever.
We’re looking for new talent. We’re offering a great work environment. Come and be a part of Ohio State.