It’s no secret that Ohio State produces legendary teams. What you may not know is that some of our strongest teams work together off the field, building IT systems and supporting the critical infrastructure to run one of the largest universities in the country. Our team is growing, and you can be part of it!
In the Office of the CIO, we work together every day to connect the Ohio State University to the world, making our students, faculty and staff part of the conversation to influence the direction of global thought and leadership.
Current Job Openings
Job postings for the Office of the CIO are listed below. Jobs are categorized by line of business or the supporting area to which they report. Instructions to view job details for open positions follow. Note: Due to the refresh cycle for job postings, this listing may not be exhaustive and some postings may expire between page updates.
- Security Associate (419245) – Assist in the implementation and support of the OSU Security Awareness Program; implement tactics to change risky behaviors and reduce overall security risk; contribute to a positive and proactive approach to security awareness with a focus on developing security advocacy throughout the university with progressive and personalized training, awareness opportunities and an incentive-based rewards system; contribute to the re-organization and content update of the internet facing security pages to provide a well-organized, accurate and interactive access to security information; perform operational duties related to phishing simulation and education; measure our organization’s ability to detect phishing and provide awareness, training and reporting to measure and reduce risk; provide learning management system based training, track results and provide reports; provide orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication though multiple channels to reach OSU faculty, staff, and students; facilitate targeted training, awareness and governance activities to ensure that employees and third parties understand, acknowledge, and fulfill obligations defined in the OSU security framework, applicable laws, regulations and policies; coordinate security awareness events and contribute to educational outreach opportunities related to security awareness; measure and report on the effectiveness of the activities.
- Security Associate (418955) – Under immediate supervision: provide information security consulting and supporting for the implementation of the university-wide financial management system; conduct risk assessments to analyze university assets and processes; identify threat events, vulnerabilities, likelihood, impact and risk; work directly with university staff in the development of risk treatment plans to mitigate risk and ensure compliance; conduct security assessments to verify security controls in place are effective, being measured and in compliance; use penetration and ethical hacking tools and techniques to test control effectiveness and compliance; responsible for assessing, monitoring and analyzing data, identifying security, risk or compliance issues and/or events, and documenting job aids; identify common security and/or compliance issues and document job aides, process or procedural changes and/or technical controls to address; analyze current and emerging areas of technology in regard to their risk and secure adoption.
- Security Engineer (418958) – Under a high level of Supervision: Follows operational procedures to administer and support the ongoing maintenance of Security tools and systems, OR Follows operational procedures to gather, analyze & process Security Service data in accordance with operations requirements; identifies and monitors system or process bug fixes and enhancement activities to completion; assists senior engineers to develop job aides, documentation and training materials; participates in testing of Security Systems or Services.
- UC Administrator-Skype (418944) – This person will be responsible for supporting the daily operational activities (incident response, account management, tier-2 support escalation, etc.) related to a multi-campus Skype for Business system and related client components (Soft client, audio/video devices, IP phones); support duties to include help in assisting the operations team with troubleshooting service related incidents as needed, using high touch interaction with customers for support and troubleshooting of service related incidents and support tickets; determine when appropriate to escalate to tier-3 support/UC Engineers; periodic on-call duties and after hours support for incidents and scheduled changes; monitoring systems and responding to call quality issues as appropriate; testing, configuration, validation and documentation of new devices and solutions related delivery of the Skype for business services. Candidate will be expected to participate in and follow established processes and university security standards. Candidate will need to be able to work independently and will participate in projects and initiatives as needed.
- Web Systems Administrator (418943) – Under direct supervision, provide application platform configuration support for large scale systems and high profile, demanding IT projects. Primarily responsible for web server and application configurations that acheive established availability, performance, integrity, security and schedule objectives; will install and maintain web platform, application and related software; create, monitor, troubleshoot, tune, upgrade and patch logical web servers and application servers; partner with application developers, database, server and storage administrators to implement application platform integration; propose new or enhanced technical processes and procedures; embrace and practice established ITSM processes and operational standards, including university database and server security standards; regular business hours and some evening/weekend on-call rotation and project go-live implementation efforts are required.
Applying for Open Positions
To read more details about or to apply for any OCIO or other Ohio State positions, follow these steps:
- Open Ohio State’s Applicant Portal site, located at https://www.jobsatosu.com/.
- Choose the Search Jobs option on the left side of the screen.
- Search on Keywords using the job opening number that is listed next to the position of interest.
As Ohio’s largest university, Ohio State works every day with the earliest adopters of technology and is constantly evolving to meet their changing needs. In this environment only the sharpest IT professionals survive, and even they are learning something new every step of the way. Below is a sampling of projects and current areas of focus.
University Administrative Systems and Oracle/PeopleSoft
Culture & Benefits
Flexibility. Empowerment. Satisfaction. Can you use these words to describe your current job? Would you like to?
These are a few of the characteristics that rise to the top when our team members talk about their work. Over the past 5 years, our employee satisfaction numbers have continually improved and our workplace is better than ever.
We’re looking for new talent. We’re offering a great work environment. Come and be a part of Ohio State.