It’s no secret that Ohio State produces legendary teams. What you may not know is that some of our strongest teams work together off the field, building IT systems and supporting the critical infrastructure to run one of the largest universities in the country. Our team is growing, and you can be part of it!
In the Office of the CIO, we work together every day to connect the Ohio State University to the world, making our students, faculty and staff part of the conversation to influence the direction of global thought and leadership.
Current Job Openings
Job postings for the Office of the CIO are listed below. Jobs are categorized by line of business or the supporting area to which they report. Instructions to view job details for open positions follow. Note: Due to the refresh cycle for job postings, this listing may not be exhaustive and some postings may expire between page updates.
- Senior Systems Specialist, OCIO Customer Solutions (408047) – The IT Service Desk is designed to be the single point of contact for customers requesting services and/or support from the university. Responsible for receiving, resolving, escalating, and monitoring complex customer issues/requests; executing proper Incident and Problem Management ITIL processes as defined by OCIO. This position will be located in Lima, but there will be required travel to Columbus campus for training and knowledge transfer sessions. This is a first shift position, but may be required to work a flexible schedule, which could include evenings and weekends. Read more.
- Visual Assistant, OCIO Enterprise Applications (408410) – The Visual Assistant will assist the Accessibility Analyst in the visual demands of testing various Websites, Web Applications, PC, Mac, and iOS/Android Mobile Applications to document accessibility and barriers to access; verifies keyboard navigation, keyboard focus indication, and color contrast; annotates screenshots of user interfaces to point out accessibility barriers. Read more.
Applying for Open Positions
To read more details about or to apply for any OCIO or other Ohio State positions, follow these steps:
- Open Ohio State’s Applicant Portal site, located at https://www.jobsatosu.com/.
- Choose the Search Jobs option on the left side of the screen.
- Search on Keywords using the job opening number that is listed next to the position of interest.
As Ohio’s largest university, Ohio State works every day with the earliest adopters of technology and is constantly evolving to meet their changing needs. In this environment only the sharpest IT professionals survive, and even they are learning something new every step of the way. Below is a sampling of projects and current areas of focus.
University Administrative Systems and Oracle/PeopleSoft
Culture & Benefits
Flexibility. Empowerment. Satisfaction. Can you use these words to describe your current job? Would you like to?
These are a few of the characteristics that rise to the top when our team members talk about their work. Over the past 5 years, our employee satisfaction numbers have continually improved and our workplace is better than ever.
We’re looking for new talent. We’re offering a great work environment. Come and be a part of Ohio State.