It’s no secret that Ohio State produces legendary teams. What you may not know is that some of our strongest teams work together off the field, building IT systems and supporting the critical infrastructure to run one of the largest universities in the country. Our team is growing, and you can be part of it!
In the Office of the CIO, we work together every day to connect the Ohio State University to the world, making our students, faculty and staff part of the conversation to influence the direction of global thought and leadership.
Current Job Openings
Job postings for the Office of the CIO are listed below. Jobs are categorized by line of business or the supporting area to which they report. Instructions to view job details for open positions follow. Note: Due to the refresh cycle for job postings, this listing may not be exhaustive and some postings may expire between page updates.
- Associate Application Programmer (417675) – Under immediate supervision, perform configuration modifications and content updates to OCIO Service Knowledge Management System (SKMS-Service-Now) and other web based applications; apply Project Management methodology and Change Management processes as part of the overall application development life-cycle; will strive for simplicity in Administrative processes; will promote openness and trust and value diversity in people and ideas; the duties of this position are performed under the direct review of the Application Manager.
- Senior Help Desk Technician (417673) – The Help Desk is designed to be the single point of contact for customers requesting services and/or support from the university; responsible for receiving, resolving, escalating, and monitoring complex customer issues/requests; responsible for leading less experienced staff in the provision of immediate assistance and issue resolution; critical tasks performed by this area also include communicating, tracking and reporting computing environment outages; acts as a team leader for complex projects, assignments and issues associated with the help desk function; may serve as desktop support for onsite technical assistance; may serve as on-call escalation point.
Applying for Open Positions
To read more details about or to apply for any OCIO or other Ohio State positions, follow these steps:
- Open Ohio State’s Applicant Portal site, located at https://www.jobsatosu.com/.
- Choose the Search Jobs option on the left side of the screen.
- Search on Keywords using the job opening number that is listed next to the position of interest.
As Ohio’s largest university, Ohio State works every day with the earliest adopters of technology and is constantly evolving to meet their changing needs. In this environment only the sharpest IT professionals survive, and even they are learning something new every step of the way. Below is a sampling of projects and current areas of focus.
University Administrative Systems and Oracle/PeopleSoft
Culture & Benefits
Flexibility. Empowerment. Satisfaction. Can you use these words to describe your current job? Would you like to?
These are a few of the characteristics that rise to the top when our team members talk about their work. Over the past 5 years, our employee satisfaction numbers have continually improved and our workplace is better than ever.
We’re looking for new talent. We’re offering a great work environment. Come and be a part of Ohio State.